Flower Home & Living Decoration Orchids DIY Home & Kitchen Plants Moth Orchid Decor Butterfly Seeds Bonsai Butterfly Orchid
Quantity: 1 Package(20 seeds)
Growing temperature: 15-34 Centigrade Degree
Growth Environment: Loves Wet, Cloudy High Temperature
Seed Longevity: 2 Years
Germination Rate: 85%
Note:.Due to the different monitor and light effect, the actual color of the item might be slightly different from the color showed on the pictures.
Key point of maintenance
1. medium of Cultivation: the main medium of Phalaenopsis is mainly water grass and moss.
2. temperature: the family raises the butterfly orchid first to guarantee the temperature. Phalaenopsis like high temperature and high humidity environment, the minimum temperature in the growth period should be kept above 15 degrees centigrade, the suitable growth temperature of Phalaenopsis is 16~30. Temperature should be increased when autumn, winter and spring turn together and low temperature in winter. Generally, the room with heating equipment in winter is not difficult to achieve. However, we must pay attention to not putting flowers directly on the radiator or near it. When the temperature is high in summer, it is necessary to cool down and pay attention to ventilation. If the temperature is higher than 32, the Phalaenopsis usually enters a semi dormant state to avoid continuous high temperature. During the Spring Festival, it is a flowering period, and the proper cooling can extend the viewing time. The best temperature at flowering time is controlled between 13~16 degrees C, but it can not be less than 13.
3. water: Phalaenopsis originated in the original forest, with more fog and higher temperature. No gross match-fixing stem storage of Phalaenopsis nutrients, if the air humidity is insufficient, leaf wrinkled and weak and feeble. Therefore, the butterfly orchid should be cultivated in the environment of high ventilation and high humidity. The suitable growth air humidity of Phalaenopsis is 60% ~ 80%. The new root elongation of Phalaenopsis should be watered more and less water after the dormancy period. The two season of spring and autumn is water every day before and after five p.m., and the plants grow vigorously in summer. Every day at nine o''clock in the morning and at five o''clock in the afternoon, the plants are watered once. The light is weak in winter and the temperature is low. Once a week is enough, it should be done before ten o''clock in the morning. If the cold wave strikes, it is not suitable to water, keep dry, and wait for water after the cold tide. The principle of watering is to see dry and wet. When the surface of the cultivated matrix is dry, the water should be poured once again, and the temperature of water should be close to the room temperature. When the indoor air is dry, the spray can be sprayed directly to the surface of the leaf. It can be seen that the leaf surface is moist, but notice that the spray can not spray the water mist on the flower. Water should be stored for more than 72 hours.
4. light: Although Phalaenopsis is more pleasant, it still needs partial illumination, especially before and after flowering. Proper light can make phalaenopsis blossom and make the flowers bloom and durable. Generally, they should be placed indoors with scattered light and do not let the sun go direct.
5. ventilation: the normal growth of Phalaenopsis need fresh air, so the domestic orchid must be good ventilation, especially in the summer wet period, must with good ventilation to prevent heatstroke, but also can avoid the infection of diseases and insect pests.
6. nutrition: Phalaenopsis should be fertilized throughout the year, unless the low temperature lasting for a long time, otherwise it should not stop fertilizer. In winter, the flower bud differentiation period of Phalaenopsis, it is easy to stop fertilizer and lead to no flower or little flower. During the spring and summer for the growth period, but every 7~10 days with a thin liquid fertilizer, organic fertilizer should be used, also can use special Phalaenopsis nutrient solution, but the buds do not do it, otherwise easy to fall early bud. The long leaves of summer days (after the flowering period) can apply nitrogen and potash fertilizer. Phosphate fertilizer can be used in the growth period of autumn and winter flower stems, but it should be thinner, once every 2~3 weeks. The time in the afternoon after fertilization watering, fertilization times, to rinse with plenty of water and inorganic salt basin orchids, so as to prevent the residual root damage.
7. after the flower management: the flowering period is generally before and after the Spring Festival, the ornamental period can be up to 2~3 months. When the flower blight, it is necessary to cut the withered flowers as soon as possible, which can reduce the consumption of nutrients. If the stem is cut from the 4~5 section of the base, it will bloom again after 2~3 months. However, the plant has too much nutrient consumption and is not conducive to the growth of the next year. If you want to bloom again in the next year, it is better to cut the stems from the base. When the matrix is aging, it should be replaced at the right time, otherwise the air permeability will be worse, which will cause root rot and make the plants grow weaker or even die. Generally, it is suitable for the new leaf to be changed in May.
Matters needing attention
1. watering frequency: Cultivation of Phalaenopsis Phalaenopsis friends, always worried about water, regardless of the cultivation medium is dry, watered every day, causing serious rot.
2., the temperature is too low: usually, the time when the Phalaenopsis flowering plants are listed on the market is mostly in early spring, and when they buy home, they usually are also appreciated in the living room. Although the daily temperature is enough, the night temperature is slightly low. On the other hand, most cultivated orchids are in well equipped greenhouses. By contrast, the temperature and humidity in their homes are less than enough, which makes the growth of plants tend to be weaker. Therefore, sometimes no matter how well the maintenance, the orchid still does not bloom.
3. excessive fertilization: apply fertilizer, and do not pay attention to the concentration, feel that the fertilizer will grow faster. It is necessary to know that Phalaenopsis should apply thin fertilizer in a few times. Remember that the supplement can not be over, otherwise it can be counterproductive.
4. small plant species big basin: feel with a large basin, can give a loose environment of Phalaenopsis, sufficient material. In fact, after the use of large pots, water and grass are not easy to dry, it is necessary to know that butterfly orchid is happy and ventilated, and the general gas is smooth.
5. flower stem package: now mostly Phalaenopsis flower rush out, leaving the base after the environment change after it is prone to dry bag, then do not think that is dry, not watering, but increase the indoor humidity, control the indoor temperature, the temperature is not too high. Choose flower petals as much as possible when buying flowers.